Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
Oct. 10, 2010
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Often a couple struggling for a pregnancy just can’t wait to find out the fruitful result of their coition. At times waiting even for the next menstrual cycle becomes impossible and they just want to know the outcome as soon as possible. Though pregnancy can only be confirmed after a few days or about 2 weeks to coition but sure there a few signs that will indicate of the fertilisation. These signs may be trivial and slight but sure will leave a mother with some different sensations to experience and reveal the underneath.
Fertilisation will bring in hormonal changes within the body to prepare enough grounds within the uterus for the fertilised egg to be attached. Almost a week later to conception the ovum is all set to be attached and this is where a few signs / changes will surface the beginning of gestation.
- Slight spotting: a little bit of spotting can be seen as a result of implantation. The spot is often pinkish brown and slight appearing before the menstrual bleeding. The sign appears after a week to indicate of the progress within
- Increased body temperature: ovulation brings in a slight elevation in temperature and this settles soon with no fertilisation but if the temperature remains that way with no settle then conception can be thought about. Here this revelation can only come with females who maintain fertility charts, otherwise the rise is minor and may just surpass.
- Increased frequency of urination: the sign comes quite late about 1 to 2 weeks later to ovulation. Here the rising HCG relaxes musculature leading to frequent evacuation.
- Tiresome feeling: with changing hormonal levels often a female experiences fatigue soon after conception which soon settles with time.
- Awkward sensation in breast and nipples: there will be a tender feeling in the nipples and breast with the changes and soon one can feel them heavier and larger with every month that passes by.
- Nausea and vomiting: these are almost identifiable by all and come almost 10 to 12 days later to conception as a result of rising HCG in circulation.
As mentioned earlier these signs are slight and in some cases may go absolutely unnoticed especially in unplanned pregnancies, a mother may just regard it as a part and parcel and would know only with the absence of monthly menstrual bleeds and a confirmatory urine pregnancy test. No matter she recognises or not these are there and nature gives all signs; it is just how she appreciates.
Even if a female doesn’t recognise them and let on then too with missing periods and home urine pregnancy test results can be revealed. With morning samples after missed periods will indicate of the pregnancy. In case the test doesn’t come positive but a female has all sensations then it can be repeated after a week. Sometimes the levels of HCG in urine may not be enough or may have not reached a level of expression in the urine sample so don’t worry and perform it again. Anxiety is inevitable but try staying calm and letting the natural process work their own way.