Dec. 15, 2015
Hi, myself Joanna Lewis, I have completed my masters in Marketing from Texas State University. Presently working for Abortionpillrx.com as a Marketing Head.
These days many women are choosing a medication method to cease their early pregnancy. Mifepristone online is a tablet that terminates early pregnancies. It is approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. Women can utilize this tablet within 49 days from the beginning of their last menstrual cycle.
Research has shown that the pill is safe for use up to 63 days or also 9 weeks latter to the first day of female’s last menses duration. Due to high competition in market for abortion methods, a lot many brand medicines have come up, dwindling Mifepristone cost, making the tablet more cost effective.
- The medication ends pregnancy by restricting receptors of progesterone hormone, letting the uterine lining at the walls to break down, similar to menstrual cycle process. As Mifepristone (mifeprex) also enhances prostaglandin levels to dilate cervix, it helps completing the abortion. Anti-progesterone dosage has to be followed by prostaglandin tablets which induce uterine contractions.
- If the medicine does not work, it can be determined via ultrasound graphic test on follow up visit done at the third and fourteenth day of the procedure. Mifepristone pill is 97% effective. If the abortion is incomplete, the woman has to have surgical removal of fetal remains.
Why Women Choose Medical Abortion?
Use of medications are successful for ending pregnancies, at clinic or home, which is in contradiction to clinical procedure, where the person had to be hospitalized than being at residence. The Mifepristone price is affordable, if the woman does not have to incur much on travel to hospital or pharmacy to obtain the same.
Also, no surgery, anesthesia, doctor fee is needed on self administration of the medicines. The person gets ample control and ease of managing the procedure either by own or someone’s assistance. The reducing Mifepristone cost, combined with ease of accessibility and simple dosage makes for its popularity over surgical method of pregnancy termination.
What is the FDA Protocol for Pregnancy Ceasing Tablets?
As per FDA approved regimen, there are three steps involved in administering the dose of anti-progesterone and prostaglandin tablets.
- In the step one, the female consumes 600mg of progesterone blockers by mouth, 200mg tablet each. She can be administered analgesics to manage pain at a clinic. The risk to infection during such is very low, thus, antibiotics may not be necessarily utilized.
- In the step two, the woman takes 400mcg of prostaglandin; 200mcg tablets each after two days. It is recommended for user to wear sanitary napkin during this dose to keep a track of bleeding. The user can bleed heaviest for 4 to 6 hours on using prostaglandin pills. Sometimes, bleeding starts after consuming mifeprex, but this is not so for every female.
- In the step three, the person after 14 days of starting abortion regimen has to visit healthcare provider for determination of outcome, which done on womb ultrasound. The test will throw light on the Mifepristone pill aided medical termination being complete or not. Bleeding can turn light or just spotting till four weeks of procedure completion.
What are the Side Effects?
All females who take the abortion medication experience cramping because of uterus contractions, and bleeding. These symptoms are normal, being part of the regimen. Other potential consequences are vomiting, headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, tiredness, back pain, chills, and mild fever.
In scenario of adverse events, doctor consultation is mandatory. Rarely do complications like infections, blood transfusions etc. are required. The normal side effects reduce till the 3rd day of taking Mifeprex abortion pill, and disappear within two weeks. For some the amount of heavy bleeding needs medical care.
Who Must Not Use Pregnancy Ending Tablets?
In certain conditions, women cannot choose a medical way of terminating pregnancies. Especially, if she is more than 63 day pregnant, the tablets may not be that effective in removing the fetus. Similarly, if the placenta develops abnormally (molar pregnancy), the medication use is restricted.
- Intrauterine device if inserted has to be removed prior to having a medical abortion. If the female has severe heart, kidney, adrenal gland, and liver problems, the woman must consult doctor and follow his/her advise on pregnancy ending method.
- Other contradictory conditions are allergy to the pills, inability for follow up visits, unwillingness for fetus removal surgically in case medication method fails, and diagnosis of bleeding disorders, ongoing blood-thinning therapy.
- If the female does not have transportation and telephone to meet emergency medical care, she can approach healthcare centers instead to procure funded medications. This way she can afford Mifeprex price. But, self administering the tablets without backup medical care is not advisable.